Winter Driving Tips for Safe Travelling
When winter arrives, staying safe on the Gurnee roads is key. Keeping your vehicle in top shape when the cold and snow hits comes with its challenges, but a few winter driving tips from Libertyville Chevrolet, Inc. help not only with travelling in harsh weather, but also with the longevity of your car, truck, or SUV. Get prepared for winter and what it’ll bring to the streets in this comprehensive overview.
Schedule Service Are Winter Tires Necessary?
Trip Readiness: Drive More Efficiently
Efficient driving can save on fuel consumption, but also ready you for unexpected obstacles that driving in winter will bring. Some winter driving tips for efficiently navigating the wintry Grayslake roads are:
- Acceleration: Driving fast comes with disadvantages on less than stellar roads. If you’re commuting on a freshly iced road, travelling with caution is important. Keeping to posted speeds or even driving slightly under the limit can safeguard you from a possible accident.
- Braking: Keeping your distance from other vehicles when roads are slushy or slippery will help avoid unnecessary collisions. Counting to 8 seconds between you and other vehicles is helpful when maintaining a safe distance and will limit your need to brake with force. This will also help with the lifespan of your brakes as well.
- No Distractions: While it’s easy to check your phone at all times of the day, it shouldn’t be the case while you’re driving. Staying alert, especially in winter, removes most dangers when driving. Keep your eyes on the road and you’ll avoid most of the unfortunate predicaments winter driving can bring.
- Check Your Vehicle: Staying on top of routine maintenance for your car, truck, or SUV usually eliminates unforeseeable issues that’ll arise when you’re vehicle hits the road. Take your vehicle in for inspection before the roads get worse so you can rest assured your car is ready to handle wintry conditions.
Ready Your Vehicle for Winter With Help From Libertyville Chevrolet, Inc.
As mentioned, staying on top of your vehicle’s routine check ups at Libertyville Chevrolet, Inc. is fundamental, especially for winter driving. Our service team is here to help you with keeping your car in top shape by providing services like:
- Tire rotations
- Full oil changes
- Coolant fluid flushes
- Brake inspection and replacement
- Vehicle diagnostics testing
Harsh weather doesn’t have to shed years off of your vehicle. Take advantage of our service specials to stay within your budget and keep your car in drivable condition during winter. You’ll be glad you’ve kept up with your vehicle when you hit the roads of Glenview safely and securely.
Stock Up on the Right Winter Accessories at Libertyville Chevrolet, Inc.
Libertyville Chevrolet, Inc. wants to keep your new or certified pre-owned vehicle running well during winter. That’s why we equip our parts department with accessories that’ll keep you prepared for winter driving. Accessories and parts for your vehicle like winter specific tires, tire chains, or even heavy-duty snow brushes make driving in winter less impactful. If you want to order parts to be ready for what’ll come or speak with one of our technicians to learn more on how to better prepare yourself for winter driving, contact us today.
0 comment(s) so far on Winter Driving Tips for Safe Travelling